COde of conduct for LOVLIST Co-ordintaors and volunteers
A LOVLIST is created to ease the burden for people who are going through tough times. If you are part of a LOVLIST you will be assisting people at their most vulnerable and it is vital that discretion and respect are shown at all times. Please remember the following:
- Communication is vital when offering support. Ask, don't assume.
- Be careful not to intrude on people in need. Provide relevant support quietly.
- Try to think from the perspective of those in need.
- Discretion is imperative and privacy should be respected at all times.
- If anonymity is requested, ensure that it is maintained.
- Your offers of assistance may be rejected. Don’t take it personally.